Pretend my last name is McDonald.  Further, pretend that I am a farmer. AND on my farm–E- I, E- I – O, –ENOUGH of the nursery rhyme–but if I had a farm and I lived in the farmhouse but farmed the surrounding land, I would have a mixed-use property.  The farmhouse would be my personal residence and the surrounding farmland would be a property that I used in my trade or business (in this case, farming) or was being held as an investment and could be used in a mixed-use 1031 Exchange transaction.

Disregarded entity is a term that comes up because I frequently get asked whether the taxpayer/exchanger can take title to their Replacement Property in a different name or different legal entity than the name that was held on their Relinquished (sale) transaction.

1 2
1 2 3 4 5 6

Ready to get started?

Speak to an expert 1031 coordinator today.

Business hours:
Monday-Friday 9 am – 5 pm ET.

1(877) USE -1031 (Toll-free)

Send us your 1031 question today

Privacy Settings
We use cookies to enhance your experience while using our website. If you are using our Services via a browser you can restrict, block or remove cookies through your web browser settings. We also use content and scripts from third parties that may use tracking technologies. You can selectively provide your consent below to allow such third party embeds. For complete information about the cookies we use, data we collect and how we process them, please check our Privacy Policy
Consent to display content from Youtube
Consent to display content from Vimeo
Google Maps
Consent to display content from Google
Consent to display content from Spotify
Sound Cloud
Consent to display content from Sound